Friday, October 12, 2012

The Coming Zombie Apocalypse Part 1

What is a Zombie?  Do they exist?   If so, what does the Bible teach about the coming Zombie apocalypse?  Let’s begin this posting by answer these questions…  





First of all, what is a “zombie’?



Based upon the definition found on several different “Zombie” websites, a zombie is identified as having these basic attributes:

  1. They are human beings who physically die
  2. Within a few hours of their death, they are reanimated
  3. This reanimation is caused by a virus that reactivates portions of the brain
  4. They are known for feeding on the flesh of animals and humans
  5. They are well described by a publication of The Center For Disease Control.  They have  published a “How To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse Manual”. You can learn much more about Zombies in this handbook. You can download it here at: http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies_novella.htm







Secondly, do Zombies exist?

 

Well just look at the news and you will find ample evidence of Zombie-like behavior:

  1. Rudy Eugene attacked Ronald Poppo by using his teeth to rip apart his face on May 26, 2012 in Miami, Fla. http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/miami-zombie-causeway-cannibal-attack-by-rudy-eugene-the-start-of-bath-salts-upswing-experts-say#ixzz1yBBusxeL



2.    Giovani Martinez, after being arrested for DUI, was taken to the hospital where he proceeded to bite a nurse and attacked other hospital staff threatening to eat their faces off. http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/zombie-cannibal-attacks-continue-naples-man-bites-nurse-threatens-to-eat-faces-cops-say#ixzz1yBCaEE6Q





3.    Carl Jacquneaux bit into the face of Todd Creduer, when they got into a confrontation over a domestic issue  Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/zombie-attacks-continue--carl-jacquneaux-bites-off-chunk-of-mans-face-in-louisiana#ixzz1yBLhpy1M






  1. Also the Baltimore Brain Eater, The Swedish Lip Eater, and the New Jersey Intestine Flinger among others…. http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/06/its_a_madmadworld.php





Thirdly, what does the Bible teach about the coming Zombie apocalypse?



There are plenty of verses that appear to speak of coming Zombie activity in the last days….

  1. Zech 14:12-15 (KJV) - And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.  And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.  And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.  And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.



  1. Mark 5:1-5 - And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had [his] dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:  Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any [man] tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.



  1. Ps 27:1-5 [A Psalm] of David. The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, [even] mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident.  One [thing] have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.



  1. Ezek 37:1-14 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which [was] full of bones, And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, [there were] very many in the open valley; and, lo, [they were] very dry.  And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.  Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.  Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:  And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.  So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.  And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but [there was] no breath in them.  Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.  Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.  Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.  And ye shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,  And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken [it], and performed [it], saith the LORD.



  1. Matt 27:51-53 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.



  1. Gal 5:13-15 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.



  1. Ps 53:4-5 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people [as] they eat bread: they have not called upon God.  There were they in great fear, [where] no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth [against] thee: thou hast put [them] to shame, because God hath despised them.



  1. Job 31:29-32 If I rejoiced at the destruction of him that hated me, or lifted up myself when evil found him: Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by wishing a curse to his soul.  If the men of my tabernacle said not, Oh that we had of his flesh! we cannot be satisfied.  The stranger did not lodge in the street: [but] I opened my doors to the traveller.



  1. Isa 26:19-20  Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.  Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.



  1. And several more passages that seem to refer to Zombie-like activity.







Summary of our study so far….



By answering these questions we have seen three different pieces of information that seem to refer to the actual existence of Zombies…. The CDC publication, the various news reports of Zombie-like activity, and, of course, the many Bible verses that seem to describe Zombies wreaking havoc on the earth.



With all of these, we have already laid the ground-work which could prove that Zombie activity actually exists.  Many of these also seem to teach us that Zombies will play an active role in end time events.  Since we have a three-fold affirmation of Zombie activity isn’t that enough to prove they exist?  According to the Bible… “a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” (Eccl 4:12). 







Ending thoughts before Part #2…



Now let’s consider one more verse before we begin our in-depth study of the “Zombie” verses we looked at above.  The verse I want us to study is a verse that literally says that “There is no God” (Psa 14:1)…  This should prove to us all that God does not exist.



For anyone that is familiar with this Scripture, I can hear you screaming at me through your computer. Why do you so violently disagree with what I just said?  It is because you know the context of this verse. 



What I said above was the truth. The Bible does say that “there is no God”.  However, in context the verse reads, “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God”.   Boy that really changes things doesn’t it?    Instead of the Bible affirming that God does not exist, it is actually stating the exact opposite.  The Bible is saying that anyone who claims God does not exist is a fool.  To deny God’s existence is to deny what is absolutely true.  A person must be a fool to hold such a belief.



Folks, we can make the Bible teach absolutely anything we would like, if we take a verse out of context. I have just proven that with the example of Psa 14:1. 



Keeping that principle in mind, it is time for us to look at these “Zombie verses”.



In Part #2 of our series we will study these verses in great detail, but we will be careful to study their context… 



You know, it may be possible that we may be onto some new revelation that no one else has ever seen in the Bible!  Just maybe, we will see that there is a coming Zombie Apocalypse and that we must prepare now for that coming day…  or perhaps, we will find that when all these “Zombie” verses are taken in context, they are clearly speaking of something other than Zombies.  Only time and the context of God’s Word will tell us what these verses teach… until next time…



May the Lord bless you as you seek His truth.







------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Main Blog “Settled In Heaven” (updated twice weekly) – http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com

The following are other places you can find “Settled In Heaven” blog (updated once per month):

To see this lesson taught on video please go to my Video Blog at  http://www.youtube.com/settledinheaven

If you have any questions concerning this blog, or if you have a subject you would like discussed, please feel free to email me at settledinheaven@gmail.com.    I will answer all emails via my blog, email, or both.

Take A Look At My Wife’s Artistic/Scriptural Devotion Blog http://alivewithchristart.blogspot.com

Follow my Squidoo Instructional Lens “Presenting God’s Grace” “The Solemn Obligation To Present the Doctrines of Grace to the Lost and Saved Alike” http://www.squidoo.com/presenting-gods-grace

May the Lord bless your study of His Word.  Like God’s Word… may your soul’s salvation and your life’s faithfulness be “Settled in Heaven.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment