Sunday, April 22, 2012

SIH Blog Awards Received







First of all, I apologize to all the bloggers who have nominated SIH blog for awards in the past few weeks.  My schedule and responsibilities did not allow me to acknowledge your nominations until now.

Thank you so much for your patience.  Once again I apologize.

In the past few weeks SIH Blog has been nominated for the following awards:

Adurna Blue’s Follower Award – Terry at Terry 1954

Very Inspiring Blogger Award – Jelillie at Reinventing the We’ll

Angela at Meeting In the Clouds

Versatile Blogger Award – Terry at:  Terry 1954

Let me just say a few things about each of those who nominated SIH blog:

Terry at http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ - I have only started following Terry’s blog for a few weeks now, but I can truly say that her blog has touched my heart.  She is an honest, kind lady who is sharing with us the blessings and hardships that she faces as a caregiver for her brother who is suffering from Parkinson’s Disease.

Jelillie at http://jelillie.wordpress.com/ - Jelillie is a Husband, Father of 4 children and a Pastor.  Pastor Jelillie blog contains wonderful teaching of Bible truth.  One of his sections that is most enjoyable for me is his “Chapter Charts” postings that shares three main truths found in any given chapter in the Bible.  Its interesting, and fun, to see what different main topics are found in each chapter by Pastor and his readers.

Angela at  http://meetingintheclouds.wordpress.com/.  Angela has been a follower of my blog for quite sometime.  I count her as a friend.  She has been a tremendous source of encouragement for me as the SIH blog has progressed.  Her blog is a great combination of spiritual truth, illustrations using common everyday events, and fantastic graphics (wish I had her artistic ability).

I can truthfully say that I can recommend all three of these blogs for consistently encouraging and profitable reading.

Now for a few things about myself…

  1. Jesus Christ is my Savior, Lord and Friend.  If I am anything at all, it is entirely because of Him.  Every morning I wake up, every breath that I take, every word that I write, every good deed that I might do… is totally by His gracious intervention in my life.  Without Him, I would be nothing.

  2. I am married to a wonderful lady, Eva, who is my greatest encourager on the face of the planet.  She is dedicated to serving the Lord and taking care of her husband…. (boy, do I need taking care of!).  I have a few medical issues that pop up from time to time.  It is my beloved wife that watches my diet, prepares my meds and constantly works for my physical welfare.  I honestly, can say, I believe I am alive today because the Lord has seen fit to use her to take care of my  physical needs.  Besides that, she is the best at knowing just the right thing to say when I am struggling spiritually.  She makes a me complete person

  3. We are privileged to share our house with our mother.  Marie, Eva’s mother, my mother-in-law, is a tremendous blessing to me.  She is a very sweet, kind lady that has tremendous entertainment value for the entire family.  I’m sure glad she has a great sense of humor or I’d be in trouble right about now!

  4. My heart’s desire is to glorify God by helping Christians come to a better understanding of God’s Word.  In our world today, especially in our nation, we have such a need for Biblical truth.  It seems like in each generation that appears a bit more of the truth is lost.


Now for things I love in life (things not “people” so I will not mention the Lord, my wife etc etc )…

  1. I love explaining God’s Word to others…. This is when I fill most fulfilled and spiritually useful.

  2. I love reading (the Bible and theology books).

  3. I love my dog “Zeek”.  What a dog!  I believe he is suffering from some type of mental illness but the vet doesn’t agree.  You know, he seems kinda “dumb” at times.  But I love him anyway!

  4. I love helping others.

  5. I love to eat. (My wife’s cooking is great!)

  6. I love to tell jokes… only problem is I’m not very good at it!

  7. I love to watch a good movie or TV show and get lost in the plot.


I would like to nominate the following blogs for the awards (I am trying to nominate those who I have not nominated previously for awards) There are so many wonderful blogs and followers, it is very difficult for me to make final choices:

Versatile Blogger Award –

To Debbie at http://iftodaywehear.wordpress.com/  Debbie’s blog combines a Bible verse with a short explanation and a daily poem related to the Bible verse.  I check it out every day for a source of encouragement during a break from my writing.

Very Inspiring Bloggers Award –

To Jon at http://justificationbygrace.com/    Jon’s blog is a storehouse of Biblical truth from past spiritual men such as Spurgeon, M’Cheyne etc. as well as Jon’s own writings and audio messages.  The Lord has blessed Jon with  the truth of His Word.  This is the most Scripturally sound blog I have found.

Adurna Blue’s Follower Award –

To Tahlitha at http://justmyfaithtalking.wordpress.com/.  Tahlitha’s blog combines Bible verses with everyday illustrations and applications for the Christian.  I’ve found that her postings are an encouragement to anyone who is seeking to live their life in alignment with God’s Word.  Tahlitha chooses subjects that are very applicable for today’s Christian living.

Once again, thank you so much to all who have nominated SIH, those who have been nominated and all the other bloggers who are such an inspiration to me.  Lord bless you all!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rob for your awards! You are on a roll! And thank you so much for nominating me. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you, brother! You are a great encouragement to the body of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... The entire SIH Ministry is ENTIRELY by God's Grace. He has blessed us with His Word, the ability to understand His Word and the ability to share it with others. He deserves all the praise for choosing to use me. May Jesus Christ be praised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give all the honor to the Lord. I truly believe SIH is His ministry. He has only graciously, chosen to use me... he could have used anyone to do this. Always remember Baalam's donkey! (I knida feel like that from time to time!) Lord bless you Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you fof the kind words, Christina. The Lord is so good in using SIH ministries for His glory. I am just thankful He has seen fit to allow me to be a part of it. Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! These rewards are all most deserved! Blessings, S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan. May the Lord bless you for the kind words. I thank the Lord for the way He has blessed SIH blog and the privilege of being use by Him. Thank you for your blog as well. It is a blessing to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Rob. You deserve them. Thanks also for your kind words. Your writing has always encouraged me and caused me to praise our wonderful God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord bless you, Angela. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete