Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: 1 Cor 15:52



1Cor 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 

Our attention is now turned to the event that will bring about the receipt of our glorified bodies… the resurrection (which takes place at the return of Christ to the earth at His second coming).

Several truths about the second coming are presented to us:

  1. The 2nd coming and resurrection of the dead will take place suddenly “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye”

  2. The bodies of the dead will be called forth from the graves much like the trumpets being blown in the Old Testament times calling soldiers, or townspeople, to gather.  It is possible this is literal trumpets being blown by the angels accompanying Christ at His coming. “At the last trump, for the trumpet shall sound”.

  3. All bodies will be resurrected from the graves and given the ability to exist eternally.       (For the saved, their bodies are glorified.  For the lost their bodies are enabled to      exist eternally in the Lake of Fire.) “The dead shall be raised incorruptible”

  4. The bodies of the saved will receive additional changes to them: All the effects of sin will be eradicated from the believer’s body, etc.  “and we shall be changed”


For the believer, what a wonderful blessing awaits at the 2nd coming of Christ!  Let us all be faithful in service waiting for that wonderful day!

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org

SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/

SIH Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. My husband will be teaching on the trumphets and the seals in the book of Revelations on my radio show....People need to know what is going to happen if they don't accept Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May The Lord grant you a great Good Friday, Rob! :) Peace, UT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you... as the coming of Christ draws near, it is so important that we have trusted in Christ as our Savior and are ready to meet Him! Lord bless you and your husband. I hope the radio teaching time goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Uncle Tree,

    Lord bless you as well. Hope you have a blessed Good Friday and Easter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe, dear Pastor Rob, that I have commented on this post over at Christian Blessings, at least this portion of a post there. I was brought up with very sound Biblical instruction about the Second Coming and the Resurrection of the Incorruptible Body. So wonderful to read these words again here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granbee,

    I do believe you did comment over on CB website. Sorry about the confusion. Basically, I post all new stuff here on SIH. I'm trying to post new and older postings that I think will benefit the readers of CB the most on that site. Therefore, I do have repeat postings from time to time. You are so correct about the coming resurrection.... what awonderful promise we can look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rob! I SO look forward to hearing those trumpets! My Pastor was just talking about this! I had never thought about those who were not going to make it to heaven, that their bodies would be changed also. I have read the scripture of how they would burn, but not die (paraphrasing) but it never dawned on me that God would have to change their bodies as well, Thank you . I always like your posts because they make me think. God bless you and yours!
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. PJ,

    The whole teaching about the second coming and the what takes place with our bodies is very interesting to me. The more I study, the more I realize how much the Bible just doesn't say about it. The unanswered questions FAR outweight the questions that the Bible answers. I believe there is so much that is taught that really isn't found in the Bible. Over the years, I have really tried hard to limit what I teach to what the Bible only says, but I miserably fail. Anyhow, thanks agian PJ for all your kind comments. It is such a blessing to know that the Lord is blessing you with the blog. Thanks again. Lord bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rob, I think you know my response to this! When I first saw the heading a great smile appeared. All I can say is "Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus" - but my heart prays for a moment of time so that family and friends have one more chance before it is too late.

    What a Day that will be!
    What an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew! Lord bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete