Tuesday, March 5, 2013

“SIH’s Think On These Things: 1 Peter 5:10a”


Our next devotion series will be based upon 1 Peter 5:10a…. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you]. 



“But the God of all grace”…  Keep in mind, the most basic idea of God’s “grace” involves God giving that which is beneficial to us, which we do not deserve, cannot merit, nor can be gained of our own efforts.  It is God helping us when we are absolutely helpless and do not deserve nor can repay the aid. 



Where do I begin?  How can I begin to describe the graciousness of our Lord?  I really do believe that the subject of God’s grace is inexhaustible and beyond all human words and understanding. Let me simply share with you a few of my favorite verses that speak of the grace of our Lord and I will simply look to the Spirit within each one of us to teach us and apply these truths to our hearts and lives.  This is a small bit of what the Lord teaches us about His grace….



Jer 31:2-3 (KJV)  Thus saith the LORD, The people [which were] left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; [even] Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.  The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.



John 1:14 (KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.



2Cor 12:8-10 (KJV)  For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.



Heb 4:16 (KJV)  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.



Rom 3:20-24 (KJV)  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.  But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:



Let us all have the many aspects of the grace of God fill our hearts and minds this day.



May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.






No comments:

Post a Comment