Friday, May 24, 2013

“A Month of Thankfulness” Devotional Series (Day 24)


I Go To Prepare A Place For You.

SIH’s Think On These Things: John 14:1-4

 

The Lord promises His people many blessings throughout eternity…

1. being reunited with our saved loved ones (1 Thess 4:13-18);   2. living in the presence of God (1 John 3:1-3, Rev 21:3);   3. removed from the presence of sin (Rev 22:14-15);   4. many benefits from possessing glorified bodies (Rev 21:4);   The list is endless.

 

Another of the blessings that He promises to us is a wonderful dwelling place made especially for us in John 14:1-4 (KJV)

Let not your heart be troubled:

The Lord reveals to us what our future eternity holds to be an encouragement and comfort to us.

ye believe in God, believe also in me.

If we have placed our faith in Jehovah God, then since He is God, we should be trusting in Him as well.  This means His promises to us must be true because God cannot lie (which emphasizes the truthfulness of His promises.)

In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you.

Where His Father lives, there are many dwelling places.  He would not tell us this if it was not so.  Once again the Lord emphasizes the truthfulness of what He is telling to us.  Why?  He realizes that these great and precious truths about our eternity are very hard for us to believe, they are beyond our human understanding and imagination.

I go to prepare a place for you.

The Lord promises us that He is going to create a dwelling place especially for us.  Just like when He died on the cross, he did it for each of His people individually (John 10:3,14; 1 Cor 8:3; 2 Tim 2:19), so too, His creation of our eternal dwelling places.  What a wondrous thought….  The Sovereign Creator of this world loves us so much that He makes for us a personalized dwelling place to live with Him throughout eternity! (Rev 21:10-23)

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

His preparation of a dwelling place guarantees to us that He will come to take us home to be with Him someday. If this were not so, He would be preparing a personalized dwelling place for us that would not be needed.  He NEVER does anything uselessly or without reason.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

He had clearly told us that He would arise and then ascend to be with the Father (John 6:61-62)… we have the account of this event in Acts 1:.  Also, we have clear instructions on the way He has prepared for us to enter into His dwelling place… 

John 6:35-40 -  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

 

May we all take time today to thank the Lord for the wonderful, eternal dwelling place he has prepared for us and for His grace in preparing for us the way to our eternal home.  

 

May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment