Saturday, May 4, 2013

“A Month of Thankfulness” Devotional Series (Day 4)”


No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:

SIH’s Think On These Things: John 6:44-47”

 

 

John 6:44-47 (KJV)

44) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45) It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46) Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

 

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.  It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God.

When we stop and think about the many workings of God that we should appreciate, one of these must be His drawing us to Himself (a part of our salvation experience).  As sinful mankind, we cannot come to an understanding of our spiritual poverty without the Lord (Jer 13:23).  Any of us, who have seen our need of salvation, has seen our need of His grace and forgiveness only through His involvement in their life.   What a blessing it is to realize that the Father loved us with such a great love that He chose to actively intervene in our life, show us the truth of His Word and, finally, bring us to Himself…

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. (Jer 31:3)

 

Every man therefore that hath heard,

There are two different aspects to His bringing us to Himself… the first involves actively bringing the gospel message to us.  The Lord sends out His gospel message to His people in a variety of ways… through preaching from the pulpit; through the message of a missionary sent to a foreign field; through the words of a friend or colleague; through an internet, radio or tv ministry; or through a Bible found in a motel room… the list is endless.  My point is this, no matter what method God used to bring us the gospel message, it was given to us through His sovereign control of human events, His active intervention in our lives and His use of human instruments. (Roms 10:12-17)

 

and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

The second aspect of this calling takes place after the gospel has been brought to the lost individual.  It is then that the Lord opens the spiritually deaf ears, applies the gospel message to the heart and actively draws the lost man to Himself.   This is what makes the difference between a hearing the gospel but never responding to it and coming to a saving knowledge of Christ following the receipt of the gospel message….

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.  But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.  And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.  John 6:63-65

 

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

His active involvement in our life results in us coming to faith in Him and our receipt of everlasting life.

 

Let us thank our Lord today, for His personal love and care of us which motivated Him to actively intercede in our life bringing us to a saving faith in Him.  Without that intervention we would be yet in our sin and unable to see our need of Him.

 

May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment