Monday, January 30, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Psa 23:3b

(Psa 23:3b) … he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

 Our Lord, as our Shepherd, directs us to please our God with our lives.  It is through the Spirit’s application of the Word that we find direction for our day to day living.  Why does God do this for us?  It is for “His name’s sake”.  In other words, it is to glorify and bring praise to Himself.

 Do you want to honor the Lord for all He has done for you?  Then simply read His Word and follow the Spirit’s leadership.  You will be glorifying and honoring Him in the eyes of all who come in contact with you.

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

Settled In Heaven Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org                                        Settled In Heaven Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com                                                  SIH Salvation Blog Page: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

3 comments:

  1. Every Week I folow your site.....
    I share it in my Face book now....
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, how true! Sadly, I can think of times I did NOT allow Him to re-direct my way - and the results were never good.
    On the other hand, I cannot count the times I have determined to do something, only to have the Lord direct my paths, leading me in another direction - and each time the results were good - all for His Name's sake, for His glory!
    What an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to say.... experience, many times, is the best teacher.... if we only learned to believe His Word and obey it, we wouldn't have to experience so many spiritual failures in life. Believe me, I've failed so many times due to lack of trusting in His Word.

    Great comment, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete