Monday, January 30, 2012

The Candle Lighter Award - Dedicated To My Lord Jesus Christ... The Light Of The World

Thank you to Angela at http://meetingintheclouds.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Candle Lighter Award.  It is such a blessing to see how the Lord is using Angela to reach others. Both of us are like minded in realizing that without the Lord “(we) can do nothing”.  The Lord has used Angela as a vessel to deliver to me wonderful, God-glorifying, thoughts for my day and encouragement thru her example of faithfulness to her blogging ministry.

Once, again I would like to emphasize that this award is dedicated to my Lord, for it is only through Him that this blog can exist.  You see, I owe Him my everything: my physical life, my spiritual life, my ability to think and write,  any talents I may possess .... John 9:33 describes me to a tee... "If this man were not of God, he could do nothing."

Oh how true that is... that is why I want to clearly state that this award is my Lord's.  He is the poet... my life is simply the poem that He has written ... Eph 2:10 ...For we are his workmanship (or poem), created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This award was created by Believe Anyway who says "I call my award The Candle Lighter Award. It is for blogs and bloggers that light a candle in the darkness with their blog. What does it mean? Whenever I see a post or blog that I think brings light to the world, I will put a copy of this post and give them The Candle Lighter Award."

You can read more about the award at

http://believeanyway.wordpress.com/2011/12/18/creation-of-new-blog-award-the-candle-lighter-award/

Believe anyway writes: “What does the recipient have to do to accept it? Just accept it and put the Candle Lighter Award badge from my blog onto their blog. Please put the link from this post about my creation of the award in a post on your blog so people can read about it. What else do recipients have to do? Nothing. If they think someone else is a Candle Lighter, they can give them the award anytime they want and as often as they want. There is no limit to how many blogs you award The Candle Lighter Award to and no limit to how many times someone can receive it.”

If you are looking for good blogs to read, Believe Anyway has a list of recipients on her blog. She would like to be sent the links for anyone to whom you pass the award, so they can be added to the list.

Keeping with the spirit of the Lamp Lighters Award... I would like to nominate:

Tom and Charlie at http://photobotos.com/ for their unique photography blog.  It displays the beauty of our Lord's creation along with adding some humor to my day as well. 

I would also like to nominate http://groveonline.wordpress.com .  This blog is written by a Bible College student who shares Bible teaching on various areas of doctrine.  Although, I do not agree with everything that is said (so what else is new).  Grove shares ALOT of good Scriptural information.

And finally I would like to nominate my wife's blog  http://alivewithchristart.blogspot.com/   Here, she uses her photographs and artwork  to present truths about our Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. As we both know, you are praising the One who enables us and we give Him the praise and glory.

    ReplyDelete