Sunday, January 22, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Phil 4:18

Phil 4:18 (KJV)

18) But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things [which were sent] from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

The Apostle Paul, when referring to the sacrificial giving of the church at Phillippi, described the gifts as sacrifices with which God was well-pleased.  Every time that we, as Christians, sacrifice for the cause of Christ our God is well-pleased with us.  The sacrifices we make do not go unnoticed by God.  When we give of ourselves we are simply “laying up in store” for our eternal home. (1 Tim 6:19)  Our God turns our sacrificial giving into our eternal gain!

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

Settled In Heaven Web Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org                   Settled In Heaven Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com                                                   SIH Salvation Blog Page: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

4 comments:

  1. Amen! An excellent reminder of God's generosity. I have to admit, for some reason, when I saw this verse, my mind went automatically to Philippians 4:8. I guess it was to remind me of what I need to do to also please God. God says to love Him with all of our heart, mind, and strength. I think to do this, our minds must thing in the way Philippians 4:8 tells us to. I know we cannot "earn" God's great generosity, but in my own heart I feel that I can at least please God by placing positive thoughts in my mind and faith in my heart to show Him how much I appreciate what He does for me and gives to me.
    I don't know why or how your scripture brought all of this out of me, but thank you and God Bless,

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of Spurgeon's quote on this: "You can't outgive God because He always uses a bigger shovel".

    Rob, as a way of thanking you for your ministry to me here at Wordpress, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Details are at: https://meetingintheclouds.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/awards-that-honour-my-father/

    If you accept this award, the rules state you are required to share 10 things about yourself and to nominate others who radiate the essence of the award, telling them they are nominated and giving a link to the nomination. I don't know if these are obligatory as I have seen 'no need to do anything' attached to a nomination. You can display the award on your page.

    I know you don't look for reward, but please accept this and my thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ, the verses you mentioned really do apply to this posting... they make perfect sense... (wish I would have used them myself in the posting! haha
    Anyhow, you are so right, especially the part about not earning the blessing sthat God gives to us. Everything is of grace.. beginning with our physical life on earth, then to our salvation, through our eternity with Him... it is all by His grace. We didn'd deserve any of it!

    Lord bless you.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela,

    Thank you so much for the nomination. I thank the Lord for allowing and enabling me to write the blog... I also thank Him for your thoughtfulness.
    May the Lord bless you,

    With many thanks,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete