Friday, January 20, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Phil 4:11-13

Phil 4:11-13 (KJV)

11) Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.  12)  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

In our text, we find the very well-known phrase “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me”.  This is one of the most comforting and encouraging promises given to Christians. 

 It is interesting to note the context in which Paul related this truth to us.  It was spoken in the context of contentment.  How wonderful it is to know that the Lord will give His people the ability to be content no matter what condition we might find ourselves.  The next time we find ourselves desiring that which we cannot have,  let’s remember that “God’s grace is sufficient” is give us contentment, even during times of want.

 May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

 Settled In Heaven Web Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org                Settled In Heaven Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com                                                   SIH Salvation Blog Page: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

2 comments:

  1. Truly we serve an amazing God - One who gives us complete peace and contentment even in the midst of disturbing circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,

    Cant say it any better myself... He is such a wonderful gracious, kind Lord!

    Lord bless you

    Rob

    ReplyDelete