Gen 5:19-24 (KJV)
19) And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
20) And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
21) And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
22) And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23) And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24) And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him.
Heb 11:5 (KJV)
5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Jude 1:14 (KJV)
14) And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Within the pages of the Bible, we read very little about this man named “Enoch” and, yet, what we are told about him should cause any Christian to appreciate the wonderful testimony that he left behind. Besides his age, lineage and descendants, we are told basically four different things about Enoch:
1. “Enoch walked with God”
2. “God took him (Enoch)”; in other words, “Enoch was translated that he should not see death and was not found for God took him”
3. “he had this testimony, that he pleased God”
4.”Enoch… prophesied of these saying, Behold the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints”
What a wonderful testimony Enoch left behind for all of us to desire….
1. Enoch walked with God – He lived a life in agreement with God’s will and desires while keeping himself from consistent, in dwelling sin.
2. God took Enoch – It was through Enoch’s faith that he was brought into a personal relationship with God and then delivered from sin and the effects of sin as he entered into eternity
3. Enoch pleased God – He possessed the indwelling Spirit; he choose to put Christ first in his life and showed this by sharing the gospel message; he lived his life by faith believing in the promises made by his God, his life was characterized by answered prayer, keeping the commands of God, and submission to His revealed will for Enoch’s life.
4. Enoch prophesied of God’s victory over Satan, sin and death manifested in the end times – he spoke of Jehovah and His judgment of sin; Enoch spoke of Jehovah’s final victory over Satan, sin and death; Enoch spoke of the future blessings of Jehovah’s people; Enoch was a living illustration of faith in Jehovah; and finally Enoch’s life exhibited love for His Lord and others.
Are our lives producing the same type of testimony as that of Enoch?
Phil 1:27 (KJV) Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org