Mark 9:41-50 (KJV)
41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
42) And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43) And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45) And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47) And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
49) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50) Salt [is] good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
For this series we will use this very simple outline:
1. vs 41-42 – Evidences of genuine salvation
2. vs 43-48 – Importance of genuine salvation
3. vs 49-50 – Absolute necessity of genuine salvation
By God’s grace as we begin our detailed study next week, let us all ask the Lord to bless our study and reveal to us the true condition of our heart. For without His intervening grace, we can never clearly discern our heart’s condition before Him….
Jer 17:9-10 - The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, [I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.
Heb 3:12-14 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
But also, let’s not misunderstand the importance of this study. We may think that this series will be of no benefit to those who have made “their calling and election sure.” However, during the course of this series, we will be looking at many very important Biblical teachings that will strengthen believers of any spiritual age:
1. the need to live out our faith for Christ;
2. the need to give special love, care and concern to the children around us (whether of young physical, or spiritual age);
3. the existence of a literal Lake of Fire;
4. the future aspect of Christ’s eternal Kingdom;
5. some basic principles that we must share with those who need Christ around us.
By God’s grace we will begin our detail study Monday morning.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: email@example.com