Thursday, March 15, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: 1 Cor 15:1-2



1 Cor 15:1-2 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

This morning we are beginning a new devotion series from the “resurrection chapter” of the Bible … 1 Cor 15:

In vs 1-2, Paul emphasizes the gospel’s entrance into to the lives of the Christians in the Corinthian church.  First of all, it was PROCLAIMED to them. Next, it was ACCEPTED as truth by them.  And thirdly, it became the FOUNDATION upon which they stood.

It is this same gospel message that brought them into a saving relationship with Christ.  Their salvation experience was proved to be genuine if they consistently lived their life reflecting its importance and ratifying it in the eyes of others.

To make our calling and election sure (2 Pet 1:10), each of us should ask ourselves this question….  If we were on trial, accused of being Christians, would there be enough evidence to convict us?

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org

SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/

SIH Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. "To make our calling and election sure (2 Pet 1:10), each of us should ask ourselves this question…. If we were on trial, accused of being Christians, would there be enough evidence to convict us?"

    One of my favorite questions of all-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my favorites as well! Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the "proclaimed, accepted and foundation" statement. Thank you, Rob, and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me say something strange just happened. I've never had to "sign in" to leave a comment before... Ok, now. I just wanted to say that Your statement is so true or should I say "question". It sure makes one sit up and do some soul searching as well as re-evaluating. Thank you and God Bless.
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used this question many times since first being challenged by it back in the 1960s. I think it was Richard Wurmbrand who used it but I can't be sure.

    Yes, there would be enough evidence - NOT because of my effort, but because HE continues His work in me and keeps "growing" me.

    What an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words and your faithful commenting. Lord bless you Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey PJ,

    Thanks for the comment. Not sure why you had to sign in... must be a computer glitch... I've heard that quesiotn over the years many different times. But it becomes more ture everyday I live! Lord bless you PJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela,

    Like you I have heard the quesiotn used over and over again. As I said in a previous comment, the question more proper as time goes on. Anyhow, I priase the Lord that you can answer "yes" with assurance. I trust others will be able to do the same. Lord bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How VERY firm a foundation is the resurrected into new, eternal life with Him, Pastor Rob! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without His foundation none of us can stand. Lord bless

    ReplyDelete