Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: 1 Cor 15:16-19



1Co 15:16-19  For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Paul continues to give us a list of the consequences of denying the existence of the physical resurrection of the dead…

  1. If there is no resurrection of the dead; then Christ is not risen from the dead.

  2. If Christ be not risen from the dead; then our faith is vain (worthless) and we are under the bondage of our sins, facing eternal punishment.

  3. If mankind is still under sin’s bondage and punishment then those who have died in Christ are perished (to be destroyed with no hope of deliverance).

  4. If our hope of salvation in Christ only applies to this temporal world then as Christians, we are more miserable than anyone else in this world.


Why, as Christians, do we set apart one day a week to celebrate the Lord’s resurrection? Every Sunday, when we gather together to worship our Lord, we are celebrating His life, His work and His resurrection which is the foundation of all of our future hopes and beliefs.  Christ’s resurrection makes certain our future with Him.

Let’s thank our Lord for the truth of His resurrection and for the blessing of assurance of our salvation past, present and future.

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org

SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/

SIH Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Every church I've been to always celebrate His Resurrection as LIFE...we shouldn't just wait for Easter we as His children must celebrate Him daily..For He's always doing something each day even when we are to blind to see it..AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had already been here, but when I looked back I found the previous post where I found my comment there possibly belongs here.

    IF Christ had not risen, THEN I could not know the blessedness and REALITY of His abiding presence in my life.
    IF Christ had not risen, THEN I could not know His direction, correction, guidance, enabling, comfort and encouragement in my life.

    Praise God for the COMPLETENESS of the finished work of Christ on my behalf!
    Praise God for the REALITY of the presence of the risen Christ.

    What an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, we should celebrate each day with thanksgiving in our heart because everyday is a ressurection for us. To put away the old and put on the new image of Christ, setting the example and living in truth and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't have said it better myself. Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiray,

    One of the saddest parts of possessing our fallen natures is the spiritual blindness we possess towards the blessings of God in our life. Every day He graces us with innumerable blessings. 99% of the time we do not recognize nor appreciate them. Lord bless you. Thank you for your great comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rob! LOL! I'm with Angela! I thought I had already posted a comment on here! LOL!
    I agree whole-heartedly with you. We should look to the heavens EVERY DAY, remembering just what that Resurrection did for us. He could have very easily left things as they were and let us die in our sins, or keep pushing them forward for a year as they did before Christ, but He didn't. HE SAVED US (if we will accept Him and acknowledge what He did). We were put on this earth for His pleasure and to glorify Him. In my way of thinking, We cannot please Him, nor glorify Him if we don't acknowledge the length He went to to save us. Just my thinking of course.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pj,

    Yeh I know this posting, and the previous one, are very similar... I'm just taking the verses as they come in 1 Cor 15:. This section in the chapter was a long one so I didvdied it into two lessons even though they are both about absically the same subject. Lord bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. As an Episcoplian in the U.S. Deep South for many decades, I was always more-than-blessed to be reminded by the priests of the parishes that EVERY SUNDAY celebrated Our Lord's victory over death and the grave and was now sitting with us in the pews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful truth it is to know that the HS is with us during our worship and throughout our walk on earth. Thansk for your commments

    ReplyDelete