Thursday, March 1, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Matt 5:4



(Mat 5:4)  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

To “mourn” is to suffer pain due to a loss. Do we ever look at our lives with sadness because we have failed our Lord and brought shame to His name?

The type of sadness I am talking about is NOT a feeling of regret because we were caught in our sin; NOR is it a feeling of torment because we are feeling the results of our sin.  It is a sorrow that is motivated by a knowledge that we have sinned against the One how gave His life for us.  We have spit in His face, mocked His faithfulness to us and, in a sense, actually placed Him on the cross.  Remember, it is for these same sins that He suffered and died.

If this is the type of sorrow that we feel, all hope is not lost.  It is a Godly sorrow that leads us to repentance. It is repentance that leads to our forgiveness. And it is forgiveness that gives comfort to a morning heart.

Truly, blessed are those who sorrow with a Godly sorrow, for they will be forgiven and their broken heart will be healed.

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org

SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/

SIH Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Being truly mournful that I sinned and lost my focus on Him as the center of our lives certainly brings ME to my knees--and when I arise, I am freshly energized by the Holy Spirit to walk in joy with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob! I loved this post. My favorite contemporary Christian song of ALL TIME is "Does He Still Feel the Nails. Every time I hear that song I get down on my knees and cry like a baby. Deep down, I know that if I repent and ask forgiveness, that He throws my sin into the "sea of forgetfulness", as far away as east is from the west and all of that. I STILL cannot help wondering if at the moment we sin if He doesn't feel the "sting" of the nails digging into His flesh, and cries because we are not thinking about how it hurts Him to see us sin. I know that I myself sin and sometimes I don't go right to Him forgiveness. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that at the time I am caught up in the worldly things of my life. A few hours later, after things calm down, I will remember what I did and Cry out to Him for forgiveness. l guess that why this song impresses me so much. Because He wants me to realize and not put off my repentance as it means much more to Him if we SACRIFICE for Him. Well, here I go again with my novel. One of these days I will shock you and just say "I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Rob, for helping us think about how we sorrow, that it may lead us to repentance and closer to Him. God bless you and your day with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granbee,

    I thank the Lord He is working so graciously in your life... praise His name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PJ,

    I think we, as fallen mankind, can't really begin to understand the pain that our sins have caused Him when He died on the cross for us. The more sensitive we are to His leading, the more conscious we are when we sin and fail Him. It certainly sounds as if He is working in your heart and keeping you sensitive to His leadings! Lord bless you. You are welcome, as always, to write your novels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie,

    I have to remind myself of this everyday. It is one of the things Satan absolutely hates to see in the lives of Christians. Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob, thanks for clearly showing the difference between regret and real remorse for a sin that caused our Saviour grief. How I long for the time when that will no longer happen - the time when we will be saved from the very PRESENCE of sin!

    What an amazing Saviour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you ... cant wait for deliverance from this sinful world and my sinful flesh. Lord bless You!

    ReplyDelete