The next miracle in our series is The Ascension of Christ …This miracle is recorded for us in Acts 1:1-11
In this last miracle that Christ performed during His earthly ministry, we find an introduction that is a fitting conclusion to His miracles. It is a summary of His earthly accomplishments:
- His teaching ministry for the saints…he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
- Giving Proofs of His Person and Work…To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days
- Emphasizing His authority over all and the many ways it is displayed to man…speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
- Founded and established His local church….And, being assembled together with them
- Strengthening and enabling church to minister through power of Spirit…commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
- Giving the Great Commission to His church….But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
And then we have the miracle being performed… “And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.”
And finally…. the precious promise… “And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven”
THIS SAME JESUS, that we have been studying about… THIS SAME JESUS, that is the Saviour of Jew and Gentile alike…. THIS SAME JESUS, who is coming again so that we might live with Him for an eternity in New Jerusalem… THIS SAME JESUS, who is God blessed forever…. this is the One that is our Lord.
Rom 14:11-12 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Let us all renew our submission to His Lordship as we eagerly await His coming.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: email@example.com