We now continue our devotional series on the two-fold calling (to salvation and to service) of Isaiah. Remember in this series we will be looking to learn more about the One who is calling Isaiah, along with the nature of the calls and an examination of the submission to these calls by Isaiah…
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
In our text for this morning we see learn about the seraphim’s (symbolic of the saved) message to the world. The message of these heavenly beings is representative of the message of Christ that we are to take to sinful, fallen mankind. Their message has two main aspects to it.:
- “Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts” – The first aspect of the seraphim’s message involves proclaiming truth about the person and attributes of our Lord.
- He is described here as being “holy” – each person of the Trinity is totally separate from sin and works in harmony to bring about God’s purposes. It also explains why sinful acts on mankind’s part will separate us from communion with Him.
- His personal identity is revealed “LORD” – This is the Hebrew word Jehovah. The seraphims are making it plain that the True God, Jehovah, is present in the vision, not Baal, not Ashtoreth etc etc.
- “LORD of hosts” – The seraphims clearly declare that Jehovah is the One that controls both the heavenly and earthly hosts. They are explaining one of His many attributes… His Kingship (or His Sovereignty).
- “the whole earth is full of his glory.” – The second part of the seraphim’s message speaks of the work of Jehovah, His creation, which gives proof of His existence, power and wisdom.
As Christians are we following the seraphim’s example of proclaiming the gospel (good news) of Christ? If so, we will find that as a general rule, we will be including these aspects in our witnessing…
- We should be proclaiming truth about our Lord and His attributes. Things like…
- His identity – We should be making it plain to others that salvation is supplied to man through the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just “God” or not just “the Lord”. These titles can apply to the false gods and saviors this world has dreamed up. But when we make plain we are witnessing of Christ and His work, it eliminates all false religions and false Gods.
- His attributes – We should be explaining His attributes that are on display during His life and crucifixion. His love, justice, submission to His Father, and His Deity… to name a few.
- We should be explaining His work on our behalf – His coming as Man to earth, His teaching, His sufferings and death, His resurrection, His ascension.
Remember these are just general rules that we should keep in mind as we witness for Christ. We are to always follow the Lord’s guidance as we speak to an individual. He will lay upon our hearts what He would have us to say in the individual cases of our witnessing.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org