We now continue our devotional series on the two-fold calling (to salvation and to service) of Isaiah. Remember in this series we will be looking to learn more about the One who is calling Isaiah, along with the nature of the calls and an examination of the submission to these calls by Isaiah…
In our previous study we saw that the Lord had revealed Himself to Isaiah in this vision, causing Isaiah to recognize his sinfulness and his inability to merit the forgiveness of those sins. This was the Lord preparing Isaiah’s heart to receive His forgiveness and cleansing…
We now see the Lord raising up one of His disciples to take His purifying Word (the gospel message) to Isaiah…
Isa 6:6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
Here we find four symbols being used in this verse:
1. The flying seraphim (symbolic of a Christian actively obeying God’s commands)
2. A live coal (the life giving, purifying gospel message)
3. His brazen altar (Christ’s sacrificial work on the cross)
4. The Tongs (the Holy Spirit that applies the Word to the lost individual)
Here is the basic events taking place in this part of the vision… they all revolve around the Christian taking God’s Word and preparing to share it with the lost individual who sees his need of salvation…
1. The Christian is now following the commands of the Lord, seeking to take the gospel to the lost.
2. He takes the gospel message (the coal) which is based upon the message of Christ’s sacrificial work on the cross (the brazen altar).
3. The Christian takes the gospel message (the coal) through the Holy Spirit’s (the tongs) power and enabling. It is only through the Holy Spirit that the Christian is able to take the gospel handle it, teach it, properly apply it and use it effectively. It is only through the power of the Holy Spirit that there will be any results borne from the sharing of the gospel.
Folks, this is the preparation that should take place as we prepare to take the gospel to the lost…
1. We should go always be asking God to direct us to the individual He would have receive it. And then, ask Him to open the opportunity for us to speak to them.
2. We should go with the motive of loving the lost wanting to share God’s word with them.
3. We should go remembering the work that Christ has done on the cross and in our hearts. This should cause us to witness humbly, lovingly and carefully. We should realize that, apart from God’s grace, we would be in the same shape as the lost individual to whom we are witnessing.
4. We should consider that our witness will have spiritual ramifications in the life of the hearer. Our witness is a BIG DEAL we should not take it lightly nor irresponsibly. We need to be sure we are prepared spiritually before going forth to share the wondrous gospel message.
May we all be prepared to ne a witness for Him before we leave our “quiet time” with Him today.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org