Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Matt 5:3



(Mat 5:3-12)  Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

To have a “poor” spirit is to recognize that we are a very needy people.  It is an attitude of humility and reliance.  It is a spirit that says… “We have nothing, and are nothing, without Christ.”  This type of attitude motivates us to recognize His blessings and inspires us to consistently look to Him for guidance and the supplying of our needs.

What does this modest attitude indicate about us?  The Lord is reigning in our hearts.  We are willingly submitting to the leadership of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We are a part of His spiritual nation and will reign with Him throughout eternity.  This is His kingdom.

This is one mark of a person who has been blessed by God and is living a happy life in Him.  Does today’s verse describe your life?  Do you have lasting peace and happiness in Christ?  If not, trust in Christ and follow Him.  He makes us a promise “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

 May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

6 comments:

  1. >> "It is a spirit that says… “We have nothing, and are nothing, without Christ.”
    Even if we have a million dollars in the bank, we still have nothing and are nothing without Christ.

    In the words of Stuart Townend:
    "In Christ alone my hope is found,
    He is my light, my strength, my song . . . . . . . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a good one! Thank you, Rob, for showing us how being poor in spirit is a good thing. God bless you as you need Him today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modesty and humility truly wash away so much of the mental and emotional detritus that get between us and the Holy Spirit! Praise be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like many of my latest blog postings hit on this smae idea over and over again. Believe me, it is not of my choosing.. It just seems as if almost any text I look at the idea of my inability keep scoming up in my mind. I guess the Lord is trying to remind me of my need of Him always.

    Lord continue to bless you Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was younger I always thought that being poor wasn;t something to strive for.....as I've gotten older, I'm coming to the realization that being poor in spirit is something to work for every day!

    Thanks so much for another encouraging comment Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are exactly right Granbee... by simply folloowing the principles in the beatitudes, we can gain a much closer wlak with Him.
    Thanks so much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete