Saturday, February 18, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Matt 6:11

(Mat 6:11) Give us this day our daily bread.

We are a needy people. We need our spiritual bread (an understanding of His Word) supplied to us every day. Because we possess a physical body, we need our daily physical bread (food, clothing and shelter) provided to us as well.

As we enjoy, and benefit, from the daily blessings… Do we recognize they come from our Lord? Do we partake of them with thankful hearts? By taking the time to request these blessings from Him, we are showing a recognition of our need, an understanding of His grace and appreciation for His divine supplies.

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

Settled In Heaven Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org                          Settled In Heaven Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com                                                  SIH Salvation Blog Page: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Rob! I know I'm guilty of this, and I'm sure I am not the only one. I tend to do things automatically, out of habit. Too many times we do things out of habit. Kind of like eating for example. I am so guilty of sitting down in front of the TV and snacking, even when I'm not hungry. We just don't seem to be as appreciative as we should be (at least I'm not). I take too many things for granted. I know where my help comes from, yet I don't stop to say "thank you", I just assume He knows how I feel. Funny, but that is the way my hubby feels about saying "I love you". He assumes I know his feelings because he has stayed with me for 26 years. I'm always telling him "it's nice to be told, It's nice to hear it come out of his mouth".
    I guess I'd better adjust my attitude toward God's blessings the way I want hubby to adjust his "vocal" expressions toward me. Thank you so much for helping me to rethink my thought process.
    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord who daily loadeth us with benefits.
    Without Him we would be nothing.
    With Him we are blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ,

    First, welcome back... hope you enjoyed your vacation! I'm not sure if any of us really apporeciate the Lord as we should. Like the Psalmist said we cant even begin to count up nor recognize all He does for us. (Psa 40:5). We all have to work on this one in our lives. May the Lord bless you! Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! I just wish I could always be conscious of all He does for me. Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete