Thursday, February 9, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Psa 23:6a

(Psa 23:6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:…

 The Psalmist proclaims the truth of eternal security found in the Lord.  The Psalmist knew that he was forgiven of his sins and favored by His Lord.  He says that “Surely (Truly) goodness and mercy shall follow me…” 

 He did not say “I hope goodness and mercy will follow me…”  Nor did he say, “If I continue to be good enough my Lord’s goodness and mercy shall follow me…”  The Psalmist understood that being redeemed by His Lord meant that he was secure in the Lord.  His redemptive work secures present and future blessings.  His people can look ahead for the day knowing that: He will be with us, He will show us His grace (goodness) and His mercy… We are secure in Him!

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

Settled In Heaven Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org                           Settled In Heaven Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com                                                   SIH Salvation Blog Page: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

2 comments: