Monday, February 20, 2012

SIH’s Think On These Things: Matt 6:13a

 



 

(Mat 6:13) And lead us not into temptation, …

 

We know that the Lord brings temptation upon no man (James 1:13-14).  In other words, in this section of Scripture, we are saying “Please do not allow temptation to overcome me today.”

Two wonderful principles is brought out by this request:

  1. The Lord is watching over us and protecting us from Satan and His temptations.

  2. Our Lord is in control of the tempter (Satan, demons, and this sinful world) and the temptations that we face.  He will never allow a temptation to come our way that we cannot resist through His grace. (1 Cor 10:13)


Let’s thank Him today for His protecting hand upon us!

May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.

Settled In Heaven Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org                                Settled In Heaven Email: settledinheaven@gmail.com                                                     SIH Salvation Blog Page: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rob! Thank you again for the Readers Award. I love your "Think on these things"! I read them everyday as a devotion. Are they going to be a permanent part of your teaching? I hope so. God has kept me from temptations So many times! I am SO thankful to him! God Bless you and yours!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ,

    The Lord has used you to be a great blessing to me.. you deserve the award. To answer your question... my plan is to make "Think On These Things" a permanent part of SIH blog. The only times that I may miss a day or so is if I do a large lesson posting that day (normally twice a week), or if my schedule doesn't allow me any computer time on any given day.

    I do appreciate feedback both pro and con to help me figure out what is of most benefit to those reading the SIH blog. This is a good example... when I started "Think On These Things" I didn't know if it should be permanent or not... but after hearing from hearing from you and several others, I believe the Lord is pleased with me continuing it.

    May the Lord continue to bless you... good to have you back from vaca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Corinthians 10:13 is one of my many, many favourite verses - and one that I have used many times and experienced the truth and power it promises.

    What an amazing God.

    PS As the previous commenter, I also appreciate the "Think of these things" and hope it continues. I appreciate your long and detailed coverage of topics, but I think the shorter "Think on These Things" would appeal to most people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do serve an amazing God! We can face our temptations with confidence knowing He will supply the needed grace to overcome any temptation we may face.

    Thanks for the your kind words about "Think on These Things". The feedback I get on this subject is right along the lines of what you are saying... it seems like a greater number of readers enjoy the shorter format for a daily devotion. But it is dependant upon the subject matter (of the posting) as to which long posts they are interested in.

    May the Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete